Date:      Thu, 31 Dec 1998 23:39:44 +0900
From:      "Daichi T.GOTO" <daichi@ongs.net>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: About Japanese problem with Swing.

Daichi.

From: SHUDO Kazuyuki <shudoh@muraoka.info.waseda.ac.jp>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 13:59:07 +0900

> > Is this the espacially problem of FreeBSD
> > JDK1.1.7, or original JDK1.1.7 bug?
>
> This is surely a problem and I can make a patch.

Oh, great!!!

> JDK 1.1.7 can recognize only `ja', `japanese' and `PCK'
> as encoding for Japanese.
>
> I can't be sure which, Sun or porting team, should deal
> with the problem. More people will be happy if Sun deal
> with. But Sun may claim that current implementation is
> sufficient, because current JDK supports `ja' and
> `japanese' which is values of LANG for SunOS 5.

Uhhmmm. What do porting team menbers think about this?

> Who should deal with this problem?

Maybe the best is working of Sun. But the realistic solution is dealing
with it by powerful porting team.

# Appendix:
#   Now, I am studing English very hard. So, if I have mistakes, then
#   notice to me, please. I really think that English is the
#   world. That's great.
----
 Daichi T.GOTO (ONGS)
    http://www.ongs.net/daichi, daichi@ongs.net