Date:      Tue, 20 Nov 2001 18:31:21 -0500 (EST)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Thomas.Kovacs@t-online.de (Thomas Kovacs)
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AW: as2100 unexpected machine check while installing

Thomas Kovacs writes:
 > Thx a lot. I am able to boot now. One more question: can I somehow use
 > my Mylex to install, or do I have to use the Symbios controller to
 > install a system?

You could install from a Mylex iff its a PCI Mylex, and its recognized
by the SRM.  And if you have Mylex support in the boot floppy, which
you don't because I was trying to make the floppy as small as
possible.

Now that I've got the AS2100s working better, we should probably build
a -stable snapshot to make things easier for people like you.

Drew