Date:      Mon, 8 May 2000 19:45:22 -0700
From:      "Joss Scholten" <et@compnerd.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HELP!

Hi,

  I have been reading in to Perl, CGI-Scripts, but into doing so have discovered I need a UNIX server to run the web page on.  I found this OS, and thought that it may be of use to me.   I followed the majority of the instructions, but I do not remember what I did exactly, and now have found that I can not get Window's (Win 98) to get in to once more.  I installed it in the DOS prompt using disks, placing the kern.flp on one disk and mfsroot.flp on the other.  Right now, what I have done doesn't matter.  I have tried using Partition Magic and the 'FIPS' executable included in the file transfer protocol, but I can not repartition the hard drive because I did not use them at first.
     I am running out of options, and over 5 years of data which is very important to me is on the drive.  Right now when I bring up the C drive, I am presented with 15 files.  Although I assume these files are for the FreeBSD partition of the drive, I am worried.  Can you please help  me in any way possible?

     Gratefully,
        Joss Scholten