Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 1999 21:01:13 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Wayne M Barnes <stabilizer@klentaq1.emergingtech.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Stable)
Subject:   E-IDE RW CD

Dear Stable FreeBSDers,

    For Christmas, I got a
    Memorex E-IDE ReWritable CD-Recorder   CRW-1622

    Is there any chance FreeBSD can use it?

In my kernel config file, I have:
controller      wdc0    at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14
disk            wd0     at wdc0 drive 0
disk            wd1     at wdc0 drive 1

controller      wdc1    at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15
disk            wd2     at wdc1 drive 0
disk            wd3     at wdc1 drive 1

options         ATAPI           #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
options         ATAPI_STATIC    #Don't do it as an LKM

# IDE CD-ROM & CD-R/RW  driver - requires wdc controller and ATAPI option
device          acd0

    I don't suppose I can just slap that CRW-1622 drive in place of my
regular CD and mount it for writing.  It's probably not that simple,
right?  Do I just:

mount -t cd9660 /dev/wcd0c /cdrom

    Thanks anyone for any advice and encouragement.

Wayne M Barnes      stabilizer@klentaq1.emergingtech.org