Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 23:22:07 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kwoody <kwoody@citytel.net>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Cdu31a cdrom

On Mon, 22 Dec 1997, Doug White wrote:

> > is there a way to re-read fstab or something, cause the only way to fix
> > this in the past is the reboot. I hate rebooting.
>
> You can try `umount -f /cdrom', but no guarantees you won't panic your
> system.

done and tried to no avail. Again like last time during the cron daily
maint at 2am it rebooted on its own.

at about 5 seconds past 2 am it showed in the logs media changed then at
about 15 seconds after 2am a reboot occured. :(

Oh well, just have to force myself to remember to umount the cd before I
open and change cd's.

BTW...are you supposed to be able to just change cd's while the drive is
mounted and all is well? Or should you umount the drive first.

Keith.