Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 14:43:12 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Paul <wpaul@skynet.ctr.columbia.edu>
To:        rodolfo@ravel.ufrj.br (Rodolfo Heitor Gevaerd de Faria)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Yet another 3c905B driver update

Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, Rodolfo Heitor
Gevaerd de Faria had to walk into mine and say: >

>   I tried your driver and got the following:
>
> xl0: <3Com 3c905B Fast Etherlink XL 10/100BaseTX> rev 0x00 int a irq 10 on pci0.
> 10.0
> xl0: Ethernet address: 00:10:4b:64:e6:30
> xl0: MII without any phy!
> xl0: autonegotiation not supported
> ifmedia_set: no match for 0x20/0xffffffff
> panic: ifmedia_set
> Automatic reboot in 15 seconds - press a key on the console to abort
> Rebooting...
>
> Any ideas ?

I need more information. Exactly what model card is this? (I mean, what
does it say on the packaging.) What modes is it supposed to support?
This is very odd: my understanding is that all the 3c905B cards support
autoneg through a faked-up MII interface.

You can temporarily avoid the panic by commenting out the call to
ifmedia_set() at the end of xl_attach().

-Bill