Date:      Mon, 2 Jan 2017 10:08:59 -0800
From:      Thomas Skibo <thomasskibo@yahoo.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, =?utf-8?Q?Daniel_H=C3=BCbleitner?= <daniel.huebleitner@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject:   Re: Finally bringing FreeBSD to Parallella

> On Dec 31, 2016, at 6:52 PM, Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com> =
wrote:
>=20
> hiya,
>=20
> I'd love to get the parallela I have working on freebsd-head, enough
> to start poking at porting their SDK.
>=20
> Would anyone accept donations of the monetary variety to get the DTS
> and bootloader bits from Thomas updated and ready to land in -HEAD?
> (or, Thomas, would you be interested? :)
>=20
>=20
> -a
>=20
>=20

I found the instructions I wrote a while ago on booting FreeBSD on =
Parallella and put it back on my site: =
http://www.skibo.net/zedbsd/#parallella .  It explains how to modify the =
Zedboard SD card image and boot it on Parallella.  I updated the .dtb =
file in the tarball because the old one isn=E2=80=99t compatible with =
11-release.  It would help if somebody could give this a whirl and give =
me feedback.

I can=E2=80=99t seem to find the changes to u-boot I made to create the =
uImage file but I should be able to recreate it.  I think it was just a =
matter of recompiling u-boot with the CONFIG_API option and changing the =
default boot commands so it boots ubldr.

=E2=80=94Thomas