Date:      Wed, 2 Jul 1997 15:24:06 +0000
From:      "Riley J. McIntire" <rileyj@train.tgci.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Core dump signal 11

Hi,

On a 2.2.2-R machine I put together a few weeks ago and walked
away from for a while I just noticed:

Jun 24 15:00:01 moat /kernal: pid 20869 (atrun), uid 0: exited on siganl 11 (core
dumped)

I know I've seen "signal 11" discussed here, but can't find it in the
archives.  My recollection is that during a "make world" a signal 11
indicates bad memory, either ram or cache.  Is that indicated here?
Anything else?

And a newbie question please?  When a core dumps, where and what does
it dump?

tia,

Riley