Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 01:06:04 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: When to transition to 3.0-STABLE.. NOT NOW!

> Too, late, unfortunately.  I guess I've been spoiled after all these years,
> and mistakenly assumed that when something had a "STABLE" label on it, it
> was, well, stable.

Just to clarify this - it IS stable.  If you took a brand new box
today and installed 3.0S on it, it would run just fine.  There is
nothing wrong with the bits.

It is UPGRADING from a.out systems which still presents a new problem,
one which we've never had to deal with before, and I think folks are
just not adequately taking this into account.

- Jordan