Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:25:49 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
Cc:        Martin Dieringer <dieringe@zedat.fu-berlin.de>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nfs problems

In message <20000927102511.A82531@e-Gitt.NET> Oliver Brandmueller writes:
: PS: As I (have to) use an USB Network Adapter and my USB refuses to work
: completely after a suspend on my notebook (Sony Vaio 505SN) I cannot
: actually try any of the above by myself, sorry.

I guess you are looking forward to acpi, which should solve this once
power management is completely implemented.  I can use my usb after
suspend, but soemtimes the machine just wedges when I resume if I left
the usb nic plugged in.  Sometimes not.  Since the SMPng changes, I've
noticed this less.

My USB ethernet adapter sucks really bad in terms of performance.  Bad
latency and bad throughput.  I get about 300kB/s from my usb ethernet,
but 800-1000kB/s from most of the pccard ethernets that I use.  This
bad performance tends to make NFS behave badly in my experience.

Warner