Date:      Wed, 1 Oct 2008 10:34:07 -0000 (GMT)
From:      "DSA - JCR" <juancr@dsa.es>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Securing system with kern.securelevel

HI to all

FreeBSD 6.3 i386

I would like to use securelevel to secure a backup schedluded box made
with FreeBSD.

This box mount and unmount external USB disk where the backup is made once
a week.

Which would be the correct secure level ? 1, 2, or 3?

I don't want nobody modify scripts and root things, like adding a user to
make the thing by itself, ... or modify my crontab scripts, etc...

Also, where i must put the kern.securelevel?
I didnt understood very well in the manual and handbook in which part of
the bootin process (rc) i must put the line in rc.conf?

Thanks in advance

Juan Coruņa
Desarrollo de Software Atlantico