Date:      Mon, 8 Sep 2003 05:56:50 +0200
From:      Michal Pasternak <michal@pasternak.w.lub.pl>
To:        Matt Olander <matt@offmyserver.com>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD v Linux on TechTV - stream

Matt Olander [Sun, Sep 07, 2003 at 08:43:25PM -0700]:
> > And guys, your smiles near 00:42:30 were also nice, when that gentleman was
> > talking about that wonderful RedHat security system ;) Anyway, that was a
> > good point, do FreeBSD ports have something like audit-packages from
> > NetBSD's pkgsrc? :)
>
> we tried to keep it civil ;)
> doesn't portupgrade have pkgdb -F or something? or maybe a pkg_info -g.

pkgsrc's audit-packages gets a database with known vulnerabilities from the
web, just to let you know, that the package "X" will allow other users to
root your box, even if the checksums are all okay. This could be a neat
feature to add to ports, but don't look at me, I am pro-pkgsrc guy and I
recommend using it on every OS it supports ;)

Regards,
--
Michal Pasternak :: http://pasternak.w.lub.pl
Noise to meet you.