Date:      Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:56:03 +0300
From:      Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        smp@freebsd.org, jhb@freebsd.org, beemern@ksu.edu
Subject:   Re: PATCH: start_ap(), and P4 SMP hack to try

> Danny Braniss wrote:
> > no luck, i applied the patch and my p4 still panics:
>
> [ ... ]
>
> > AP #1 (PHY# 6) failed!
>               ^
>      I don't believe you.
>
> The printf change I gave you should mean that this number should
> be equal to the physical processor number, which I told you to
> change to *anything but 6*, and even *specifically suggested 2*.
>
> -- Terry
OK, OK, no reason to get angry :-), so I didn't read all the message.

Oh, and BTW, it didn't help. In the case of
	define OVERRIDE_ID	2	/* Put correct value here */
same problem (panic ...) but with the addition that it hung with

	fxp0: device timeout
(the system is diskless, so not much can be done without / :-)

I also tried other values but the result was the same.

danny