Date:      Wed, 18 Jun 1997 19:01:05 -0400
From:      "Rod A Boyle" <boyler@pty.com>
To:        "Doug White" <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        <www@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Wanting to INSTALL FreeBSD

Doug,

Thanks for the feedback and sorry that has taken so long to back with you.
I have purchased a second HDD to install to my 9316 Advantage AST machine.
It is a 420Mbyte, Conner CFS420A.  Plus I have bought the FreeBSD 2.2.1
CDROM from Walnut Creek.

Do you have any specific instructions on how to (1) Install the drive and
not make a DOS drive and (2) how to Install the CD-ROM software to the new
drive.  I am a first timer with this sort of stuff on my home computer.  I
am a Systems Administrator for Solaris 2.3 operating on SUN platforms in a
NETWORK configuration, however this really is not relevant to my new
problem.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated as I am exciting to use UNIX
in my house.  I would like to get started as soon as possible.

Rod
boyler@pty.com