Date:      Fri, 28 May 2004 10:52:20 -0700
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Hermes Trismegistus <hermes@trismegistus.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: automake port

On May 27, 2004, at 22:05, Hermes Trismegistus wrote:

> Is there anyone that can share some info on the status of the new port
> version of automake? While attempting to upgrade with the latest cvs,
> I get this:

Right now, you shouldn't have either devel/autoconf259 or
devel/automake18 installed on your system (no other ports use it).

We're currently testing a rather large patch to bsd.autotools.mk and
the tree to bring these in, along with some other long-past-due major
cleanups to the whole system.

Please be patient - wide-sweeping changes like this take considerable
time to work through, involving a couple of bento 4-exp runs, ironing
out any missed bits, all the time whilst the ports tree is being
constantly updated.

-aDe