Date:      Thu, 07 Aug 1997 16:29:24 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@rover.village.org>
To:        Darren Reed <darrenr@cyber.com.au>
Cc:        dyson@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/vm vm_zone.c vm_zone.h

In message <199708072147.HAA10870@plum.cyber.com.au> Darren Reed writes:
: For starters, there are bcopy, strcmp, , etc (libkern - section 9l ?).
:
: Also there is copyin and copyout, malloc and free.  Hmmm, do things like
: MALLOC() get documented and `approved' as the kernel interface for malloc
: rather than malloc itself ?

Not to mention things like bread, bwrite, which are useful for stacked
device drivers.  And just whatis the difference between bwrite and
bdwrite anyway (I just checked the code, but it would be useful to
know w/o doing this).  Or are these interfaces too subject to change
to document.  I know that Solaris doesn't even document them...

Warner