Date:      Thu, 1 Jan 2015 20:12:11 -0600
From:      Chris Watson <bsdunix44@gmail.com>
To:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPSec and racoon issue...

Bjoern,

Well now the puzzle deepens. I noticed about 5 minutes before your email
came through I have NO *ipsec* or *net.key* sysctls.

It's like the crypto subsystem isn't getting pulled in to my kernel
compile, even though its in the config. Whaaaat? I wonder if my src tree is
jacked. But how could the kernel build if it didn't have all the bits that
are in my kernel config? Maybe I pulled a src update in the middle of
someones commit? This is really weird.

Kernel Config of the server in question:

# $FreeBSD: stable/10/sys/amd64/conf/GENERIC 272313 2014-09-30 16:55:19Z bz
$

cpu             HAMMER

ident           PRIYANKA

#makeoptions    DEBUG=3D-g                # Build kernel with gdb(1) debug
symbols

#makeoptions    WITH_CTF=3D1              # Run ctfconvert(1) for DTrace
support

options         SCHED_ULE               # ULE scheduler

options         PREEMPTION              # Enable kernel thread preemption

options         INET                    # InterNETworking

options         INET6                   # IPv6 communications protocols

options         TCP_OFFLOAD             # TCP offload

options         SCTP                    # Stream Control Transmission
Protocol

#options        FFS                     # Berkeley Fast Filesystem

#options        SOFTUPDATES             # Enable FFS soft updates support

#options        UFS_ACL                 # Support for access control lists

#options        UFS_DIRHASH             # Improve performance on big
directories

#options        UFS_GJOURNAL            # Enable gjournal-based UFS
journaling

#options        QUOTA                   # Enable disk quotas for UFS

options         MD_ROOT                 # MD is a potential root device

#options        NFSCL                   # New Network Filesystem Client

#options        NFSD                    # New Network Filesystem Server

#options        NFSLOCKD                # Network Lock Manager

#options        NFS_ROOT                # NFS usable as /, requires NFSCL

#options        MSDOSFS                 # MSDOS Filesystem

options         CD9660                  # ISO 9660 Filesystem

options         PROCFS                  # Process filesystem (requires
PSEUDOFS)

options         PSEUDOFS                # Pseudo-filesystem framework

options         GEOM_PART_GPT           # GUID Partition Tables.

#options        GEOM_RAID               # Soft RAID functionality.

options         GEOM_LABEL              # Provides labelization

options         COMPAT_FREEBSD32        # Compatible with i386 binaries

#options        COMPAT_FREEBSD4         # Compatible with FreeBSD4

#options        COMPAT_FREEBSD5         # Compatible with FreeBSD5

#options        COMPAT_FREEBSD6         # Compatible with FreeBSD6

#options        COMPAT_FREEBSD7         # Compatible with FreeBSD7

#options        SCSI_DELAY=3D5000         # Delay (in ms) before probing SC=
SI

options         KTRACE                  # ktrace(1) support

options         STACK                   # stack(9) support

options         SYSVSHM                 # SYSV-style shared memory

options         SYSVMSG                 # SYSV-style message queues

options         SYSVSEM                 # SYSV-style semaphores

options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING # POSIX P1003_1B real-time
extensions

options         PRINTF_BUFR_SIZE=3D128    # Prevent printf output being
interspersed.

options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV        # install a CDEV entry in /dev

options         HWPMC_HOOKS             # Necessary kernel hooks for
hwpmc(4)

options         AUDIT                   # Security event auditing

options         CAPABILITY_MODE         # Capsicum capability mode

options         CAPABILITIES            # Capsicum capabilities

options         PROCDESC                # Support for process descriptors

options         MAC                     # TrustedBSD MAC Framework

#options        KDTRACE_FRAME           # Ensure frames are compiled in

#options        KDTRACE_HOOKS           # Kernel DTrace hooks

options         DDB_CTF                 # Kernel ELF linker loads CTF data

options         INCLUDE_CONFIG_FILE     # Include this file in kernel

options         CAPABILITY_MODE         # Enable Capsicum sandboxing suppor=

options         CAPABILITIES            # ""

options         PROCDESC                # ""

# Debugging support.  Always need this:

options         KDB                     # Enable kernel debugger support.

options         KDB_TRACE               # Print a stack trace for a panic.

# Make an SMP-capable kernel by default

options         SMP                     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel

# CPU frequency control

device          cpufreq

# Bus support.

device          acpi

options         ACPI_DMAR

device          pci

# Floppy drives

#device         fdc

# ATA controllers

device          ahci                    # AHCI-compatible SATA controllers

device          ata                     # Legacy ATA/SATA controllers

options         ATA_STATIC_ID           # Static device numbering

#device         mvs                     # Marvell
88SX50XX/88SX60XX/88SX70XX/SoC SATA

#device         siis                    # SiliconImage
SiI3124/SiI3132/SiI3531 SATA

# ATA/SCSI peripherals

device          scbus                   # SCSI bus (required for ATA/SCSI)

device          ch                      # SCSI media changers

device          da                      # Direct Access (disks)

device          sa                      # Sequential Access (tape etc)

device          cd                      # CD

device          pass                    # Passthrough device (direct
ATA/SCSI access)

device          ses                     # Enclosure Services (SES and
SAF-TE)

device          ctl                     # CAM Target Layer

# atkbdc0 controls both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse

device          atkbdc                  # AT keyboard controller

device          atkbd                   # AT keyboard

#device         psm                     # PS/2 mouse

#device         kbdmux                  # keyboard multiplexer

device          vga                     # VGA video card driver

options         VESA                    # Add support for VESA BIOS
Extensions (VBE)

device          splash                  # Splash screen and screen saver
support

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console

device          sc

options         SC_PIXEL_MODE           # add support for the raster text
mode

# vt is the new video console driver

device          vt

device          vt_vga

device          vt_efifb

device          agp                     # support several AGP chipsets

# PCI Ethernet NICs that use the common MII bus controller code.

# NOTE: Be sure to keep the 'device miibus' line in order to use these NICs=
!

device          miibus                  # MII bus support

device          re                      # RealTek 8139C+/8169/8169S/8110S

# Pseudo devices.

device          loop                    # Network loopback

device          random                  # Entropy device

device          padlock_rng             # VIA Padlock RNG

device          rdrand_rng              # Intel Bull Mountain RNG

device          ether                   # Ethernet support

device          vlan                    # 802.1Q VLAN support

device          tun                     # Packet tunnel.

device          md                      # Memory "disks"

device          gif                     # IPv6 and IPv4 tunneling

device          faith                   # IPv6-to-IPv4 relaying
(translation)

device          firmware                # firmware assist module

# The `bpf' device enables the Berkeley Packet Filter.

# Be aware of the administrative consequences of enabling this!

# Note that 'bpf' is required for DHCP.

device          bpf                     # Berkeley packet filter

# USB support

device          uhci                    # UHCI PCI->USB interface

device          ohci                    # OHCI PCI->USB interface

device          ehci                    # EHCI PCI->USB interface (USB 2.0)

device          xhci                    # XHCI PCI->USB interface (USB 3.0)

device          usb                     # USB Bus (required)

device          ukbd                    # Keyboard

device          umass                   # Disks/Mass storage - Requires
scbus and da

# Sound support

device          sound                   # Generic sound driver (required)

device          snd_hda                 # Intel High Definition Audio

# MMC/SD

#device         mmc                     # MMC/SD bus

#device         mmcsd                   # MMC/SD memory card

#device         sdhci                   # Generic PCI SD Host Controller

# VirtIO support

device          virtio                  # Generic VirtIO bus (required)

device          virtio_pci              # VirtIO PCI device

device          vtnet                   # VirtIO Ethernet device

device          virtio_blk              # VirtIO Block device

device          virtio_scsi             # VirtIO SCSI device

device          virtio_balloon          # VirtIO Memory Balloon device

# HyperV drivers

device          hyperv                  # HyperV drivers

# Xen HVM Guest Optimizations

# NOTE: XENHVM depends on xenpci.  They must be added or removed together.

options         XENHVM                  # Xen HVM kernel infrastructure

device          xenpci                  # Xen HVM Hypervisor services drive=

# VMware support

device          vmx                     # VMware VMXNET3 Ethernet

# IPSec support

options         IPSEC                   # Enable IPSec support

device          crypto                  # Use the Crypto framework

device          cryptodev

options         IPSEC_FILTERTUNNEL      # Allowing packet filtering on
tunneled packets

device          enc                     # Support for the encapsulating
interface