Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 23:42:48 +0100
From:      Robert Lindgren <robert@orcafat.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ip alias

Hi!!!

When I add an ip alias with the command:

ifconfig fxp0 alias xxx.yyy.zzz.www netmask 255.255.255.255

The ip-address gets default gateways address as gateway, is this correct?

The problem I have is that if the def gateway is gateway for the alias
address then you must go out the the gatway and back to connect to the
"real" address on the nic. Please help me solving this little problem

Regards
Robert Lindgren.