Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 18:22:40 +0100
From:      Claudio Eichenberger <ce@wks.ch>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cannot execv /usr/local/apsfilter/filter/aps-stc740p.upp--auto-default

Sheldon:

Hi,

Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 18:46:37 +0100, Claudio Eichenberger wrote:
>
> > lpd[238]: cannot execv
> > /usr/local/apsfilter/filter/aps-stc740p.upp--auto-default
>
> Have you tried contacting the author of apsfilter?  He's also the
> maintainer of the apsfilter port. :-)
>
> Ciao,
> Sheldon.

Andreas Klemm (the author of apsfilter) helped me find the errors.

The solution to this is:

1) Papersize und Print resolution -- must be chosen
2) cp /usr/ports/print/apsfilter/work/apsfilter/uniprint/stc740*
/usr/local/share/ghostscript/5.50/

The 3rd point beneath has nothing to do with the above problem, but, if
the machine doesn't poll for the printer, then printing
# cat /etc/passwd > /dev/lpt0 takes 3 minutes for 31 lines.

3) lptcontrol -p        # means polling !!! but then it works pretty
quickly
!!!

Yours

:Claudio        http://www.wks.ch/