Date:      Tue, 15 Mar 2005 12:02:35 -0400 (AST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        dima <_pppp@mail.ru>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: High ping latency using two ethernet under FreeBSD 4.11 ...

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, dima wrote:

>> I'm plugging everything into a Cisco 2924 ... is there some way, either on
>> the FreeBSD side, or Cisco, of 'cleaning this up'?
>
> Try ng_fec. It works ok with 2950, not sure about 2924 though.

man page is a bit short ... what exactly is ng_fec, and how does it affect
things?

For instance, do I start configuring an 'ifconfig fec0' device instead of
my usual fxp0?  or, does everything pretty much stay the same except
running that extra daemon/command?

any docs other then the man pages that I should read through?

----