Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 2014 18:26:35 +0200
From:      geoffroy desvernay <dgeo@centrale-marseille.fr>
To:        Kurt Jaeger <lists@opsec.eu>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New Netdisco2 port and multiple port submission question

--kt6Q0Mu7J0AIWVxVMf3fcRkBJpsGXpMt3

On 08/27/2014 17:34, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
> Hi!
>=20
>> I've packaged netdisco 2 (L2-3 network management tool) and some perl
>> modules to get it work.
>>
>> http://netdisco.org/
>> https://metacpan.org/pod/App::Netdisco
>>
>> Please test this if interested, I'll make a PR after some feedback :)
>>
>> I have some questions for skilled porters:
>>  * What about the naming of the netdisco2 port, I choose
>> 'p5-App-Netdisco' since this is a perl module, but I'm not sure
>=20
> Well, there already is a net-mgmt/netdisco/ port for 1.3.3 -- why
> the change to p5-App-Netdisco ? Is netdisco2 an upgrade for netdisco ?
>=20
> If yes, why not use the same port ? net-mgmt/netdisco ?
>=20
This is a rewrite of the program, in the form of a perl module (it
wasn't till there)

The 1.3.3 release is not deprecated, and v2 is young: I didn't want to
break things=85

>>  * How to submit some ports at once (just attach all to PR ?)
>=20
> Put the links to the download-URLs into the PR.
>=20
>>  * Is a shar archive still needed, or a tarball ?
>=20
> I would not mind the format, as long as it's not exotic,
> but there seems no real consensus on the format.
>=20
>> Here are the ports, extract them in the root of a port tree.
>>
>> http://dgeo.perso.ec-m.fr/ports/p5-App-Netdisco.tar.xz
>> http://dgeo.perso.ec-m.fr/ports/p5-Algorithm-Cron.tar.xz
>=20
> Warning: prerequisite Time::timegm 0 not found.
>=20
> Can you provide a build/run dependency ?
>=20
Done :)

>> http://dgeo.perso.ec-m.fr/ports/p5-AnyEvent-DNS-EtcHosts.tar.xz
>> http://dgeo.perso.ec-m.fr/ports/p5-App-local-lib-helper.tar.xz
>=20
> Warning: prerequisite local::lib 0 not found.
>=20
> See above.
Done too. All packages updated

>=20
>> http://dgeo.perso.ec-m.fr/ports/p5-MCE.tar.xz
>> http://dgeo.perso.ec-m.fr/ports/p5-Template-Plugin-CSV.tar.xz
>> http://dgeo.perso.ec-m.fr/ports/p5-Time-timegm.tar.xz
>> http://dgeo.perso.ec-m.fr/ports/p5-URL-Encode.tar.xz
>=20

Thank you !
--=20
*geoffroy desvernay*
C.R.I - Administration syst=E8mes et r=E9seaux
Ecole Centrale de Marseille
Tel: (+33|0)4 91 05 45 24
Fax: (+33|0)4 91 05 44 26