Date:      Fri, 4 Sep 2015 15:51:13 -0600
From:      markham_breitbach@ssimicro.com
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   LD_PRELOAD

I am trying to configure the security/snoopy package as a solution for
logging shell activity within jails (I'm also open to alternative
suggestions!).  Snoopy works as an execve() wrapper that basically just
logs and passes through the calls.  For it to work though, I need to set
the LD_PRELOAD variable in the environment to force the linker to load
snoopy.so first, presumably so the snoopy execve wrapper is found before
the libc version.

If I set LD_PRELOAD=3D/usr/local/lib/snoopy.so on the command line, and
then launch a new shell, events get logged as expected, but I need to
figure out how to make that happen by default for everything in the jail.=

Thanks,

-Markham