Date:      Fri, 18 Aug 2000 17:42:46 +1200
From:      Joerg Micheel <joerg@cs.waikato.ac.nz>
To:        "Tyson N. Trebesch" <trebesch@mcn.net>
Cc:        Rich Wales <richw@webcom.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, joerg@cs.waikato.ac.nz
Subject:   Re: Memory sizing, AGP video card

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 10:09:41PM -0600, Tyson N. Trebesch wrote:
> I've never had very good luck with Dell OptiPlex GXfoo-type boxes.  The
> CS Department I did systems work for had some, as did a Multimedia Lab I
> worked for, and the OptiPlex series tended to be problematic because of
> all the on-board devices like ethernet cards, video cards, and sound
> cards.

Cannot confirm this. As I am typing I am sitting at a GX1, which has
served me well for 1 1/2 years. We have serveral of those, also running
Linux. No idea why they would not work for you.

	Joerg
--
Joerg B. Micheel			Email: <joerg@cs.waikato.ac.nz>
Waikato Applied Network Dynamics 	Phone: +64 7 8384794