Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 2003 06:38:34 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        shudo@computer.org
Cc:        jdp@polstra.com, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG, bod@freebsdfoundation.org
Subject:   Re: patchset 2 report (billh's resignation)

Hi Shudo-san,

[Insane cc list which has gone too long in this thread trimmed.]

On Sat, Feb 08, 2003 at 09:09:04PM +0900, shudo@computer.org wrote:
> This announce says that FBSD Foundation has provided the fund for the
> porting work of JDK 1.4.1, which does not boost the TCK work at all.
>
> Greg has been working hard on the TCK work throughout the year 2002.
> He has been improved Classic VM of JDK 1.3.1 to get it passing the
> TCK.  Alexey's current work is porting of HotSpot VM of JDK 1.4.X.
> They are completely different activities.
>
> Or, was the target of the TCK work changed into JDK 1.4.X?
>
> As many of you know, 1.4.X for FreeBSD has just started working and
> still immature and it will need much time to pass the TCK.  See the
> case of 1.3.1.  FreeBSD's 1.4.X will take more time then 1.3.1.
> Anyway, it's wasteful to abandon the work on 1.3.1.

I am not sure how much I can say on this, but suffice to say that work
on 1.3.1 is not being abandoned.  On the contrary, I have patchset 8
ready to go save for some final regression testing and some feedback
I am waiting on.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org