Date:      Mon, 10 Jun 1996 08:40:12 -0600
From:      DARREND@novell.com (Darren Davis)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ahhhhhhhhhh!

There is too much noise, I think I need a straight jacket!

I came back to my email from the weekend, and I had over 400 hundred emails.
 All this is just two days!  Most are from the FreeBSD mailing lists.
I can't keep up with this!  There needs to be a better way.  I must admit
some of my problems with managing my email are due to the tools I am unfortunately
forced to use.  (Hey Terry, remember GroupWise under Unix?)  For those
of you who have not experienced GroupWise, take my recommendation DON'T!

What are the thoughts on breaking this stuff out of mail lists and into
news groups?  (At least there I can use kill files to eliminate the noise.)
 Or, must I suffer this fate?  Any suggestions on how to manage this much
email?  Jordan, how do you deal with all this traffic?

Thanks for letting me make some noise about the noise.

Darren