Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2012 09:31:49 +0100
From:      Pietro Cerutti <gahr@FreeBSD.org>
To:        jwbacon@tds.net
Cc:        tcltk@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Lens with Tcl/Tk 8.4

--WkfBGePaEyrk4zXB

Hello Jason,

I'm contacting you as the maintainer of the math/lensnns port on
FreeBSD.

We (tcltk@FreeBSD.org) are planning to expire and get rid of Tcl/Tk 8.3,
and math/lensnns is the last consumer in the ports tree. I have tried to
contact the author about the possibility to make Lens work with Tcl/Tk
8.4, but emails to him bounce back (see below).

So what I'm asking to you is, do you actively use the software on
FreeBSD and if it's the case, would you be able to make it work with
Tcl/Tk 8.4 (or higher), so that we can deprecate 8.3?

Thanks for letting us know!

Pietro
for tcltk@

On 2012-Dec-04, 12:06, Pietro Cerutti wrote:
> Hi Douglas,
>=20
> I'm part of the team maintaining Tcl/Tk on FreeBSD (tcltk@FreeBSD.org).
>=20
> We're planning to get rid of the long-unsupported 8.3 release series,
> and Lens is one of the last packages that still depends on it here.
>=20
> Do you have any plans to upgrade to a newer Tcl/Tk version?
>=20
> Thanks for letting us know!
>=20
> Kind Regards,