Date:      Sun, 6 Jun 2010 11:42:23 +0300
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=D6zkan_KIRIK?= <ozkan.kirik@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Default router changes unexpectedly

Hi,

I am using FreeBSD 7.3 STABLE-201004. IPFW + In kernel NAT and if_vlan
used mostly.
System has 3 em interfaces. Scenario is classical, LAN DMZ WAN.

Sometimes default router changes unexpectedly. I inspected logs if
someone logged in or changed route. I found nothing.
This problem repeats at least 1 times per day. I wrote a shell script
which monitors the default router.
I saw that sometimes netstat -rn shows that default router is changed
as 10.3.1.64 or 10.5.3.189 etc. which are client IP addresses but
routing still routes to right router 212.X.Y.Z .
After a while, routing really fails.
This problem occurs at multiple routing table supported freebsd
versions. I dont use this feature.

Regards,
Ozkan KIRIK
Mersin University @ Turkey