Date:      Sun, 9 Jun 1996 09:14:31 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.FreeBSD.org (freebsd-current)
Subject:   Libc compatibility in -current??

Lately I have been having what appears to be compatibility problems
with libc.so.3.0 when I do a make world on my systems running
-current.  Starting on June 3rd (my most recent make world prior
to that was May 31st) any attempt to run make world crashes in a
horrible way right after it has installed a newly built version of
libc.so.3.0 in /usr/lib.  After that no comand that uses libc.so.3.0
will work (i.e., I get core dumps at a frantic rate).  To restore
the system to an operational state I must boot up in single user
mode and replace this library with the previous version.

I have re-supped and retried this several days in a row (even tried
it on a different system) with the same result.  Is anybody else
seeing this problem?  Am I missing something that happened between
May 31 and June 3 that I should have done and didn't?  I am getting
to my wits end here and don't know what to try next.

Thanks,
--
Bob Willcox
bob@luke.pmr.com