Date:      Tue, 11 Aug 1998 11:02:15 -0400
From:      "Charles A. Peters" <charles@chickenbean.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Setting up X.

I am currently running 2.2.6-Release, and I am trying to configure X.

When I go into /stand/sysinstall, and attempt to 'Configure Xfree86', and
then choose XF98Setup, or XF86Setup, or xf86config, the system returns the
following message:

You have configures and been running the mouse daemon. Choose
"/dev/sysmouse" as the mouse port and "SysMouse" or "MouseSystems" as the
mouse protocol in the X configuration utility.

Then the system returns immediately to the "FreeBSD Configuration Menu"
without configuring X.

If I go to the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 directory, and run XF86Setup, I get the
following error message:

	Ld.so failed: Can't find shared library "libXaw.so.6.1"

Any Suggestions.

I have installed X several times in the past, but have never experienced
these problems before

Thanks in advance.

Charles

charles@chickenbean.com