Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:13:27 +0200
From:      alexander <arundel@h3c.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Status of 4-STABLE branch.

As far as I know there will be another 4.11-RELEASE. Doesn't this mean that patches
should still be comitted to the source tree?

I reported a problem a few weeks ago. LBA48 support for the Promise UDMA100 controller
(PDC20265) seems to be broken. It's not a big problem to fix it, because it looks as if
some previous patch got abandoned during a recent version change of some ata files.

Here's the PR, btw: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/69009

However the patch I sent in got closed without even being comitted. The answer was this:

"Upgrade to 5.3 when it get there (or a recent -current)."

So...what actually is the use of a new 4-STABLE RELEASE? For me it seems as if the 4-STABLE
branch is pretty much being left behind.

Any comments to that?