Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 17:49:40 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), mike@smith.net.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernfs/procfs questions...

> > Do I have permission to start removing sysctl's that aren't
> > documented/used?
> >
> No, in fact, I specifcally suggest that if you do, then you'll
> be obstructing progress on the project.

I specifically suggest that undocumented sysctls are *NOT* progress.
(BTW, what exactly is specifically suggest supposed to mean.  Is it like
'strong suggest', or 'strongly feel'?)

> You don't even know if a sysctl is used or not, so I don't think that
> you are in a position to do so.  By your own admission, you don't know
> what most of the are for, and you then cannot be a judge.

The people who know what they do have obviously no interest in them
being used or they would have been documented, so I'm in as good a
position as anyone, since the person who has a clue doesn't care or has
forgotten about them.

Nate