Date:      Sat, 23 Aug 2008 13:22:13 +0900
From:      "=?ISO-2022-JP?Q?\"Nakata_=1B$B=3F=3F=3D(=1B(B\"?=" <chat95@mac.com>
To:        Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
Cc:        maho@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: octave-forge

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for your e-mail.

>Dear Maho,
>
>I see that octave-forge has been broken for quite a while.  Do you mind
>if I have a go at redoing it?

Yes - it's been broken. octave-forge has been changed drastically, and
I'm not sure what to do. Therefore I'm really appreciated if you take it
over!

>I presume that you would want to do it meta-port style, that is, lots of
>ports with names like octave-forge-plot-1.0.5.

I'm not sure which way we should take - making a lot of ports vs single ports.
IMHO we should make a single port so that keep the maintainance cost low.

>I would be happy to do the work, and I think I could get it done quite
>quickly, but I don't want to do it if you are about to do it yourself.

Do you need to be the MAINTAINER?

Thank you,