Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 1996 13:57:21 -0500
From:      snorthcutt@1stresource.com (Scott Northcutt)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   X and xterm questions

Greetings,

This is perhaps the wrong forum for these queries, but, if nothing else,
it'll be a good jumping off point.  Here goes...
1) I recently ftp'd the xv-3.10a .tgz file, decompressed it, and type make.
it cruised along fine for a while and then died while trying to find
/X11/Xlib.h and a few other similar header-type files.  My question is, how
do I acquire those needed files?  My /usr/X11R6 directory has bin, man, lib,
and include directories in it.  Am I missing a source directory or something?

2) In specifying command line parameters for my xterms in .xinitrc, I've
finally discovered how to make scroll-bars with a big buffer automatically
start on the xterm.  What I haven't been able to ascertain is how to use the
-fn switch such that a bigger font is the default.  I tried "-fn large" but
I think it needs a font name and/or size.  How do I find out what font is
being used, then tell it to make it bigger?

Thanks for the help.

regards,
  Scott Northcutt -- AD4JR