Date:      Sun, 7 Mar 1999 19:52:06 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and ThinkPad

On Sat, 6 Mar 1999, Mike Smith wrote:

> To start with, does it have more than 64M of memory?  At least some of
> the stinkpads have problems with our speculative memory probes.

Yeah, 128MB. I've put "MAXMEM" into kernel config file, and it seemed to
help. But overall, I'm really less than pleased with this sucker. One
thing is the BIOS which requires Windows to configure anything
significant, the other thing is built-in softmodem (which of course will
not work). My impression is that under the hood this machine is not quite
a PC, but WinIBM or something :-(

I still experience total freezes when accessing sio0. The same goes for
'pnpinfo' - machine freezes completely, and only hard reboot helps.

Andrzej Bialecki

 <abial@nask.pl>       ||PicoBSD||   FreeBSD in your pocket? Go and see:
 Research & Academic   |+-------+|       "Small & Embedded FreeBSD"
 Network in Poland     | |TT~~~| |    http://www.freebsd.org/~picobsd/