Date:      Mon, 1 Sep 1997 16:17:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jamil J. Weatherbee" <jamil@counterintelligence.ml.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   SIGCLD

I guess SIGCLD is really SIGCHLD under freebsd, no?
I was looking at a daemon skeleton out of a Stevens book on Network
programming, he specifically sets up a function that calls wait3 so that
child zombies aren't left around --- however the signal man page for
freebsd calls this SIGCLD and says that it is discarded by default which
would suggest to me that wait3() is unnecessary if you are not interested
in the status of the child.