Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:57:19 -0700
From:      v <adam@rapidnet.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Hello

Hello,
I am a newbie and I was trying to install from ftp.  It didn't work so I
wrote a newsgroup and posted a question.  My computer would lock up
during the install when I type term at the ppp prompt.  The response
back from the newsgroup was that my modem was possibly a pnp modem and
these don't work.  I didn't see any references about this in the
handbook, but then again I didn't read the hardware compatibility list
well either.  Anyways, my suggestion is to make a reference or a link to
a compatible modems for ftp transfers.  Also, for newbies such as
myself, I didn't know that I needed to ftp files in binary.  I think if
these tips were more readily availble I could have FreeBSD installed on
my system now.  Please don't be offended.  I think you guys do a great
job and I'm trying to learn more about what you do.  I just have
difficulties with installing FreeBSD.  Perhaps I missed what I
suggested, if so please let me know where I can read this.
Thank You,
Adam VandeMore