Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2006 21:02:50 +1100
From:      Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au>
To:        Paul Murphy <paul.murphy@cogeco.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: Importing csup into base

On Wed, 2006-Mar-01 20:03:38 -0500, Paul Murphy wrote:
>Larry Rosenman wrote:
>> Wilko Bulte wrote:
>>> Only if it has a mechanical reader (with sensing pins for the holes).
>>> An optical reader won't do

Optical readers can't handle the output from chad-less punches.
I was forced to throw mine out when I moved last. :-(

> I remember, back in the day, all the CS kids walking around with huge
>stacks of PUNCH-CARDS.

We were told (by our lecturers) that we should use punch cards, rather
than the terminals, so that we wouldn't loose our work when the computer
crashed.  One of my assignments was roughly a full box of cards but I've
mislaid them.

--
Peter Jeremy