Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 2000 09:24:55 +0100
From:      "Morten Seeberg" <morten@seeberg.dk>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Fw: Ethernet <-> Token Ring gateway

Im running a subj. at work, and basicly it works just fine, BUT (there is a
but):

At the moment Im having trouble binding IP alias´es to the tokenring
interface, still waiting for an answer from the tokenring mailinglist on
that one.

The other thing is, that my machine boots so fast, that setting the IP in
rc.conf wount work, because the rc.conf is run before my interface is ready.
rc.conf might work for you just fine (if not the machine halt under boot),
so what I did was to set the ifconfig in my firewall script, which is run
10-15 seconds later (via sleep :) )

I´m not running dhcp on my oltr1 interface, because there already a DHCP
server at work, but tcpdump works just fine.