Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 1995 10:23:52 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        dufault@hda.com (Peter Dufault)
Cc:        julian@ref.tfs.com, babkin@hq.icb.chel.su, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Digiboard driver ?

> This would have to be REAL RECENTLY, like within the last two weeks.
> Are you sure about this, Julian?
>
> This makes 7 requests for Digi support in about 6 weeks.

Make that 8.

In particular, if I can offload some of the interrupt loads that I typically
deal with onto smart cards, I could stop burning horsepower on trivial
applications (386DX/40's as PPP routers, bah!)

Not that I *really* mind, but it seems to me like 16[45]50 serial ports
are in the same class of peripheral as IDE:  undesirable.  :-)

If somebody can write a driver that actually exploits the abilities of the
Digi intelligent hardware to offload some of the interrupts and processing
onto the controller, they have _my_ vote!  ;-)

... Joe