Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:20:25 +0200
From:      Etienne Ledoux <etienne@unix.za.org>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   2x HP Netserver (LH 3r) connected to a Netserver Rackstorage 12

I will have the privilage of installing something on the above mentioned=20
hardware. I've never installed/configured hardware like this. Basically i=
t is=20
2 servers connected to a exteral raid device with scsi cables. These serv=
ers=20
can access the device at the same time. Which makes it nice for redundenc=
y=20
and load balancing.

We are going to use it as a big NFS mailstore which other mail servers wi=
ll=20
access to deliver mail (smtp/pop3, etc.).

The mailservers will all be running FreeBSD (postfix, amavisd-new,=20
courier-imap/pop3, sqwebmail,freevrrpd, etc. etc). *feerr!*
I will put these servers behind a FreeBSD firewall using ipnat for round-=
robin=20
load balancing.

So it should eventually be a nice big redundent, load balanced mailserver=
=20
behind a firewall and everybox will be running FreeBSD.

My question is with regards to the servers I want to use as the NFS=20
mailstore(2x HP Netserver (LH 3r) connected to a Netserver Rackstorage 12=
).=20
Can I run FreeBSD on it too ? I guess the answer is yes? but Is FreeBSD t=
he=20
best option for this type of hardware and will it be difficult to configu=
re.=20
Or is Linux a better alternative ? I honestly have no idea what the best=20
option is and don't want to reliase a month or two later when everything =
is=20
live that I made a mistake and shouldve done something else or installed=20
something else.

tx
e.