Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 2014 23:38:33 +0200
From:      Kamil Czekirda <kczekirda@gmail.com>
To:        Daniel Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iPXE booting latest PCengines alu board

Hi,

Please look at my GSoC wiki page:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/SummerOfCode2014/FreeBSD_PXE_preseed

There is kpxe file, you can chainload it using file option in your dhcp ser=
ver.

It's very simple script:

#!ipxe
dhcp
cpuid --ext 29 && set CPU-ARCH amd64 || set CPU-ARCH i386
set img http://mfsbsd.vx.sk/files/images/10/${CPU-ARCH}/mfsbsd-10.0-RELEASE=
-${CPU-ARCH}.img
kernel http://volt.iem.pw.edu.pl/~czekirdk/memdisk raw
initrd ${img}
boot

It detects architecture and runs mfsbsd directly from Martin Matuska websit=
e.

It's simpliest way to boot different iso or img image of FreeBSD. It
will be nice to have local mirror and make menu with different
releases. I'll prepare menu, but I need few days, I'll inform you.

I think that in next week will be ready iPXE port for FreeBSD and
simply solutions.

I have many scripts to boot ubuntu, debian, etc. and I can help you
with it. It's simple to run FreeBSD from nfs server too. Ask if you
have problems.

Kamil