Date:      Wed, 17 Dec 1997 21:34:36 -0600
From:      Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>
To:        Andrew Gordon <arg@arg1.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        benedict@echonyc.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ifconfig reports bogus netmask

I feel I should point out that I think this is avoidable ...

If one uses RFC1918 addresses, and one wishes to avoid problems with
Path MTU Discovery, one could simply pick MTUs for the interfaces with
RFC1918 addresses that are at least as large as the largest MTU found
on any of the other interfaces on that router.

There's probably a more concise way of saying that ...

Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>