Date:      Sun, 23 Jun 1996 18:55:16 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kim Culhan <kimc@w8hd.org>
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 960612-SNAP doesn't read users .*?

On Sun, 23 Jun 1996, Doug White wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Jun 1996, Kim Culhan wrote:
>

> > The default .* files set a path in only the .login file and if I say:
> >
> > echo $path
> >
> > it returns a string which appears to have only a c/r in it.
> > Looks like csh isn't reading the .* files.
>
> Now THAT would be a bug. :-)

Well it turns out it was yet another mistake on my part :(

I flew through the adduser script not noticing the default shell was
/bin/sh, I'm used to accepting certain defaults and didn't read the
screen :[

Then a real bug (already known) was found where ipfw wouldn't work to
fix the passwd entry.

The prototype .cshrc and .login files installed by adduser are not the
same as a May-vintage stable system here has, therefore more differences
were noted and it looked like things were really hosed. -Not true, just
a couple little changes needed.

regards
kim

--