Date:      Fri, 22 Aug 1997 10:46:33 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org, tom@sdf.com (Tom Samplonius)
Subject:   Re: Final request for help with release. (DPT boot floppy)

> >   But according to recent discusions, core has rejected the DPT driver as
> > it stands...
>
> Which `core'?  Your core memory?  Dunno.  The NetBSD core team?
> Dunno.  If the term `core', as you're using it, stands as an
> abbreviation for ``The FreeBSD core team'', then i'm surprised to hear
> that you're a member of it, apparently.  Otherwise, how did you learn
> this news?  I believe i'm a member of this core team, and i frankly
> can't remember any decision of the kind you're quoting above.

Whoa now.  Slow down, take a deep breath, and go read the archives.
Simon *explicitly* stated that core (yeah, that's the one you belong to)
rejected the DPT driver for a number of reasons, all valid, and all
listed by Simon.  They will be fixed, but until they are fixed it won't
be integrated.

Nate