Date:      Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:24:35 -0500
From:      Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD partitioning

How does partitioning work in FreeBSD?  GParted recognizes FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, ext2, ext3, ext4, swap, and many other formats but labels the FreeBSD partition as unknown.  Then there are the sub-partitions within the main FreeBSD partition.

I'm finding it much more difficult to learn BSD than it was to learn Linux.  However, I'm sure it will be worth it, as BSD is legendary for stability and is the basis for Mac OS and other proprietary systems.

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802701@jasonhsu.com>