Date:      Wed, 8 Sep 2010 12:48:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hubert Tournier <hubert@frbsd.org>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Do i have to reinstall VBOX after upgrading freebsd ?

Hello,

zaxis wrote:
> The VBOX works great under freebsd 8.0.  Now i want to upgrade freebsd to
> 8.1. After upgrading, do i have to reinstall VBOX ?

You should.

According to http://wiki.freebsd.org/VirtualBox:
Known Issues: Build fails if kernel, userland and/or src are not in sync

Furthermore, the VirtualBox kernel module should be compiled for your
running kernel version and probably VirtualBox itself.

I've had issues (such as being only able to launch one VM at a time) when it
was not the case, which were corrected by syncing
kernel/userland/virtualbox.

Best regards,

Hubert