Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:37:18 +0400 (MSD)
From:      bag@sinbin.demos.su (Alex G. Bulushev)
To:        rock@cs.uni-sb.de (Daniel Rock)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current NFS problem

> *** Signal 11
>   This only happens with NFS v3, not NFS v2
>
> - If the shell output (e.g. for tcsh and XFree86 "make World >&! World.log)
>   is on an NFS mounted drive, and I watch the file with less (less World.log)
>   go to the end of file (Shift-G), sometimes the output gets filled up
>   with 0 characters.
>   This happens with both NFS v2 and v3.

another known problem exist for nfsv3

we use www server working over nfs with about 1500000 hits/day
it work fine with nfsv2 (load 0.1 - 0.8), but with nfsv3
we see load > 130 and server replay is very slow ...
i think this is a bug in fbsd nfsv3 realization, the
same scheme with solaris/sparc nfsv3 client/server work
without this problems ...

   Alex.