Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 23:00:40 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Chip McClure <vhm3@hades.gigguardian.com>
Cc:        jcampbell@intacct.com, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: earthquake

Chip McClure wrote:
> Yep - sure did. 5.2 on the Richter scale. Lasted about 30 seconds,
> followed by a few small tremors.
>
> http://pasadena.wr.usgs.gov/shake/STORE/X40133364/ciim_display.html
>
> (I'm in south San Jose)

It was just South of Gilroy.

People felt it all the way up to Sacramento, apparently.  I
felt it here (between San Mateo and Burlingame); it was
amazingly periodic, with around a one second periodicity,
for a total of 9 seconds (there was a clacking in the
sidewalk outside that kept time with the shaking).

Really strange quake, and I've been through a lot of them,
including being near the epicenter in a 6.2, in Utah.

The regularity of the shaking was really, really surprising
to me... the chandelier moved, and the window shades swung,
but my wine glasses didn't even clink.

Not like any other Earthquake I've ever been in... totally
bizarre.

-- Terry