Date:      Fri, 23 Dec 2005 03:15:53 +0200
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@people.tecnik93.com>
To:        Pawel <pawciobiel@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Portupgrade, how to disable dialog configuration?

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 01:05:05 +0000
Pawel <pawciobiel@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I have installed port eg. postfix already. All flags, that this port
> was configured with are in /var/db/ports/PORTNAME/options file.
> Now I would like to upgrade this port via portupgrade.
> My questions are:
> Do I have to tell portupgrade to read this files if I simple want to
> have this port to be upgrade with the same flags,

No, if the port uses OPTIONS, yes if it uses a custom script and you
(or portupgrade for you) sis a make clean in the port.

> and if so how can I do it?

See /usr/local/etc/pkg_tools.conf.
For postfix see the beginning of the Makefile.

> How can I disable ports dialog configuration?

pass -DBATCH to make (see -m switch of portupgrade)

--
IOnut - Unregistered ;) FreeBSD "user"

BOFH excuse #340:
Well fix that in the next (upgrade, update, patch release, service pack)