Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:13:42 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        rivas45@sprintmail.com (Eric Rivas)
Cc:        fran@reyes.somos.net (Francisco Reyes), cjclark@alum.mit.edu (cjclark@alum.mit.edu), cjclark@reflexnet.net (Crist J . Clark), damien@carroll.com (Damien Tougas), freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG (freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG)
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD users in NJ/NYC?

> > >  http://www.funy.org/
> >
> > I hooked up with that group once, but a few members moved away
> > and I have not heard much since.
> >
> > I can only guess that the BSDs are more of a west coast thing in
> > the US.. in the several years I have been using FreeBSD I have
> > seen several instances of people asking for users in the NY/NJ
> > area, but only a handfull of people respond every time.
>
> You can add one more BSD user from NJ to the list.
>
> Yeah, I think BSD is more of a West Coast thing.  I have seen quite a
> few Linux users around my area, but no BSD users (I feel lonely).

It might be because anyone who knows FreeBSD and wants a
Silicon Valley job with Silicon Valley perks, and about the
same cost of living (and is tired of digging snow in the
Winter), can have one.  So there is a natural West-coast
brain-drain, particularly for people in places like NY, NY
or Taxachusetts.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---